Vital Link Trail

Vital Link Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Burbank, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My favorite short hike and I have hiked quite a few of them. The hike averages 19.1% grade up over 1.7 miles.
This exceeds my usual workout up Camel Back in phoenix which averages 18.9% grade over 1.2 miles. My goal is to do the whole 3.4 mile round trip in under an hour. Great views at the top. The hike is very exposed without shade so bring lots of water on the warm days. On weekdays you may run into about 10-15 people so a fairly tranquil and quiet hike. Great free therapy!!! Just do it!

Hard but doable. Loved it.

Great workout, lots of varied climbing. Parking is super easy & free. Not the best views/scenery, but overall a hike I will definitely do again.

It was my first time on this particular trail and I have to say that it is a tough one, you climbing from the start and it seems like it never stops until you to the top. The trail gets very narrow at certain points and the drop offs are pretty intense. This trail is a work out for the whole body, I look forward to doing it again now that I know what I'm in for

This is a nice workout, with great views the entire way. Don't attempt it without hiking boots, as much of the terrain is very sandy and slippery. There is almost no shade, so it's best to go when the weather is cooler.

Great work out! I go up regularly and early to avoid people and the heat. Trail in desperate need of repair though as it sees a lot of traffic.

Made it 3/4 of the way. The height and incline got to me but next time i am determined to complete it!

Go straight up start early morning or late afternoon and enjoy sunset good cardio

Fantastic

This trail is great for your legs. It's basically all incline. Make sure you have good traction on your shoes. Tracks can get slippery on the way down. Great Views from the top. Not a lot of shade. Go early, I went with my Girl and a little dog. We started on the moderate trail and ended up heading up more to Vital trail. All in All great work out.

Love this trail !!! Its an up hill battle for sure... Not too many shady spots along the trail, your in direct sun. The path gravel is dry at times and can be tricky when your going downhill to not slip.

Nice, strenuous hike. If you want a good work out. This is one you should try.

Love this trail, it's challenging and rewarding - great for a workout!

Not too hard. Great views

Loved it. Got to the top and was able to connect deeply with my yoga mat and the views around me.

It was vital just like it's name. It's not so long though

It was vital just like the name. Not a very long trail though