Stanislaus River Trail From Knights Ferry

Stanislaus River Trail From Knights Ferry is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oakdale, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

Nice walk. Can't wait to bring my dog

love this hike i take my kids they love it always people hiking and walking and bringing there dogs as well

great hike. took my 2 and 4 year Olds and they kicked butt climbing the rocks! my cousin brought her 3 year old and she did great too! fun. but be ready to help the kids along the way. we will be going back soon!

Beautiful views!

Nothing too exciting.

Beautiful... Great trail

Great trail so beautiful

It was nice, the directions on the map took us to this sketchy dead end road with lots of stray kitties and a locked fence.. I never found the "oak dale" trail head, but I just drive the extra 20 minutes to Knights Ferry and started there. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL I had my dog with me and we went in the morning, it was about noon when we left and it was just starting to get crowded.. There's so much room to wander off and enjoy the outside. We wandered off the main trail and hiked in a couple rough spots, but the river was in plain sight the whole time.. Loved it, free parking and it also had a historical feel with all the plaques and houses to look at!

nice scenery

Great hike for the family

Aneasy get away, great for the whole family. You can customiz the length of time on the river by your put-in point and the river flow. Be on the river by 10 am for best results. Easy access everywhere. It is a safe river. Wear a life vest. If the water temperature Is below 60 degrees, wear a wet suit. IT IS A VERY CLEAN RIVER... PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY. Remove your trash. Have fun!

Knights Ferry never fails to delight. Took a day trip to watch huge salmon from the vehicle bridge as they spawn in the gravel beds of the Stanislaus River below. Upstream above the historic covered bridge and grist mill ruins, we hiked the trail meandering along the river on a sunny breezy fall day, saw an awesome pair of peregrine falcons glide leisurely and low over the river heading downstream.