Sobrante Ridge Trail

Sobrante Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near El Sobrante, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take the 2.5 mile loop through mixed oak woodland. Have the chance t to see the rare Alameda manzanita as well as stunning vistas of the bay area. Start from the Staging are at the end of Coach Dr. Follow the Sobrante Ridge Trail to the top of the ridge.

We started at the Pinole Valley Park (3705 Pinole Valley Rd, Pinole, CA), and hiked to a steep trail called Downer Trail that connects with Sobrante Ridge Trail in adjacent Sobrante Ridge Regional Preserve. We hiked 6 miles under cloudy sky. The trails were still in good condition despite heavy rain few days ago. We all got a good workout.

I had trouble finding the trail when I was at the trailhead which also served as a picnic area. Some parts of trails weren't well marked as they were closed to the residential area. Overall I rated it as moderate to hard.

Beautiful. Well maintained up until the end where the trail was closed to the back side of the Ricky Ridge Trail.