Snow Creek Falls Trail

Snow Creek Falls Trail is a 21.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite National Park, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

Waterfall, scenic views of Half Dome and Tenaya Canyon. The Snow Creek Falls Trail starts about a mile from one of Yosemite Valley's most popular destinations, Mirror Lake or Mirror Meadow as it is now known. This hike is on par with the hike to the top of Yosemite Falls, so it shouldn't be taken lightly. The views rising above Tenaya Canyon are not to be missed. One thing I did miss was the actual waterfall, as the trail doesn't pass right by it. Still the hike was rather enjoyable and the views from the top are well worth the effort. I did the hike in May and water was plentiful, but by summer it may be harder to come by until the river, so be prepared. As always, bring that camera!

Snow Creek runs all the way from Tenaya Lake to Yosemite Valley. We started at Olmsted point and thought we would take the rest of the trail from there to Tenaya Lake, about 1.6 miles, starting at the Olmsted Point Scenic View - the short trail to a better vista of Cloud's Rest and Half Dome. We found an off-trail route down the back side of the vista to get back on the Snow Creek Trail by just going toward Tenaya Lake and navigating the ledges. Once on the trail it was very flat and below the Tioga Road, not very interesting. We reached a very pretty meadow and were instantly attacked by a mosquito swarm. From there we ran along the flat trail toward Tenaya Lake and safety. Make sure you carry bug spray during early June when the mosquitoes emerge! Don't recommend hiking Snow Creek this direction. Next time will hike down from Olmsted to the Valley where the trail connects to Tenaya Canyon Trail.

Started this trail from the top at the 120 trailhead, and took the junction to loop over to Tenaya Lake/Clouds Rest trailhead. From the top it's a very manageable trail. When starting out, you might be inclined to follow the road toward the quarry, but the trail is actually up on the bank to the right. We saw a young bear at the junction to Tenaya Lake when we stopped for lunch, so bring your bells!

Moderate??? This was the hardest trail I've ever hiked! Gorgeous, but wow, so straight up

Did this as the first section of my Yosemite Valley North Rim traverse in October 2012. Fantastic trail, excellent views (illuminated by a nearly full moon). Didn't see a single person on the trail (however I started up at 4:45am).

Pretty difficult, especially when you start feeling the altitude at 6500ft or so. I counted 108 switchbacks. The major climb is about 3 miles long, managed to do it in just under an 1hour 30 minutes.