Sly Park Jenkinson Lake Loop Trail

Sly Park Jenkinson Lake Loop Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pollock Pines, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

whitewater kayaking

Summer boating, fall colors, winter snowshoeing, and spring waterfalls make this El Dorado park enjoyable year round The trails around Jenkinson Lake can be visited on horseback, mountain bike and foot. This guide, however, is going to focus on hiking. The full route, if you go all the way around, is just over 8 miles. With the continuous ups and downs it can feel like a lot further though. The total elevation change is insignificant but the small "whoopdedoos" can amount to hundreds and even thousands of feet perceived elevation change. Good physical endurance is a must if you're going to make it all the way. Jenkinson Lake at Sly Park has outdoor activities all times of the year. Snowshoes, cross-country skiing, boating and swimming are enjoyed by many. It's a huge park with more features than most people can visit in one day. There are events in the park that include everything from community mixers to the yearly "Run on the Sly". This park has been voted "Best Recreation Facility by the Mountain Democrat newspaper year after year.

Easy hike. About 9 miles all the way around. Beautiful hike

A great walk around the lake.

Went on this hike 3 days ago and it was great. We made it around the whole lake and got to walk on a little bit of snow on the east end. It was beautiful.

I hike this with my pups often. Some mountain bikers that you have to step aside for. Overall good footing, and we saw a river otter last week.

Went off season mid week and had the trail to ourselves. You have to pay attention to the spurs that may take you off trail but it is easy to find the trail again. Looking forward to this trail as a snowshoe adventure.

Great hike, but it's more like 9 miles around

great success

Very nice, easy alpine lake hike.

This was a great long hike but came across too many people. Maybe we will come back on a weekday and bring our kayaks as well. start on the south shore more shaded and less trafficked. Waterfall was dried out. We found parking outside of the park.

A great moderate hike with nice lake views. My GPS showed it as 8.6 miles

Great moderate hike, with beautiful scenery. But as others have said, it is not 7.7 miles. We clocked 9.2. Dogs did well on the trail. Loved having water fountains and bathrooms all along the trail. Will definitely go again!

We hired this path today and aside from a small detour down to a secluded pond at the bottom of the aqueduct I come to the fact that this is not a 7.7 mile trek it's closer to 9 miles. But it was a great time beautiful views and good family fun. By the way my 8 year old daughter made it the whole way without a hitch.

Loved this hike. The trail is well maintained and very easy to follow with water stations along the way. Next time, I will bring my kayak too.

It was a fun easy fast hike back to the waterfall in the back. Was able to bring my family with me which made the experience more fun. The waterfall was very cold but refreshing. The hike was made fun since we would stop part way through to take a dip the the warm lake water.

Great trail, easy to follow. Next time I'll stay on the more southern side and do and out and back at the bridge since the other side has lots of people and campers and loudness. Nice, mostly shaded trail that I will definitely be doing again.

Parts of the trail are enjoyable but we were mistaken in hoping for a more serene lake experience. Sections of the trail include asphalt roads through or around campsites and walking along relatively busy roads with little clearance. Always nice to hop in the lake at multiple locations and dog-friendly is always a plus.

Beautiful trail. The kiddos and I enjoyed this one. At the end of our hike we took a dip in the water.