Skyline, Summit Rock Loop, Bonjetti Creek Loop Trail

Skyline, Summit Rock Loop, Bonjetti Creek Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Los Gatos, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike up to Summit rock via the Summit Rock Loop Trail. Enjoy the stunning views from Summit Rock

Dogs are not allowed in Summit Rock Loop.

Awesome trail! I found some bike trails and this is now one of my favorite spots.

Took my family on this trail. A nice, easy trail. Mostly shaded with great geology and trees to see along the way. We went on a Monday and we didn't see anyone else out there.

Walk from south 1.9 miles on Skyline trail to summit rock - found its been closed but the walk was great - the loop is moderate since it drops a few hundred feet then the climb back ... the parking fills up fast .. so arrive early if on the weekend -

Easy trail. Quite a few folks on trail. Noise from nearby gun club/shooting range major annoyance. First time I've ever had my ipod on while on a trail. It started to rain which was really great because it enhanced the smell of eucalyptus.

Great beginners hike since the trail isn't too demanding and is mostly protected by tree shade. We ran into 3 parties on the trail and were in and out of the area quickly.

love this trail its so dog friendly my dog is stoked

First you travel downward then you go up and up. May have to stop to catch your breath at times if you're not in good shape. Views are primarily trees. Summit was closed due to preservation of various critters (good reason though).

Took the Summit Rock Loop trail from Indian Rock and managed to hike about 3.7 miles in all. The trail was very woodsy and deserted when there. I wish I was able to view the valley. I didn't go the whole trail of Indian Rock which apparently was where I would have been able to. The trail was challenging. The winding hilly terrain was a definite workout. I will definitely go back again.

I started at the Sanborn County park entrance and ran up to the summit. These trails are great trails to get zoned out on and just run. This place has plenty to offer. Minimal fireroad, tons of smooth flowy technical singletrack. Be prepared for tough uphills and lightning fast downhills filled with switchbacks and plenty of rocks/roots to catch air over. There's no water, so be sure to bring a bottle or two.

good starter hike. good views.

The Summit Rock Loop trail is an awesome "woodsy" trail that winds down into a valley before bringing you back up. The going down part is easy, coming back up can be kind of difficult for people who aren't used to hiking in hilly terrain. On my way back up I got a bit winded and had to stop once for a drink and a quick break. The day was warm, probably too warm, so bring a bottle of water or some Gatorade. The climb back up really felt like more of a work out than a hike so be prepared. Summit Rock itself was gated off, but Indian Rock has some great views of the valley and isn't too far away. Most of the trail is shaded by trees except for a few patches and the trail is mostly clear. This last time I made the loop there were two fallen trees across the trail, one was easy to climb over, the other one was a little tricky but very manageable even for people who aren't comfortable climbing over things.

Another thing that I love about this trail is the drive through Saratoga. Its a wonderful little town with a very nice downtown area with plenty of small shops to look through. Then once you're done, you head up a winding mountain road to the top where you'll drive along the ridge to get to the parking area where you can begin your hike.