Shoreline at Mountain View: Shoreline Walk South to the Marsh

Shoreline at Mountain View: Shoreline Walk South to the Marsh is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mountain View, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Walk along the shoreline and loop around the golf course an shoreline lake. These paved paths are great for the whole family to enjoy. This is a popular kite flying area. This is a section of the Bay trial, and can be extended if desired.

Basically good. Easy.

Terrible smell of bay

Easy, sunny, water views.

Great trail.

Convenient but can get crowded.

go here each weekend with my boyfriend. He's pretty fit but I'm not, so we each go at our own pace until I can't go anymore or we have to be somewhere. He walks ahead and I walk behind so he can power walk and I can stare at each duck, pelican and crane all I want. it's a great place to go if you're a couple like us (one person fit, the other not so much).

We got to the airport from Michaels and then went back which was a nice workout even for him.

we go down to the shoreline when starting our walk so I can get practice climbing steeper. this is to prepare me for steeper climbs other places. then back to flat once we get to the gravel trail.

Bathrooms are at Michaels, also in the party area near lake and then not till you reach the East Palo Alto bayland area parking lot near the airport.

there are water fountains at each location, plus at a bldg near the start of the gravel trail (where asphalt ends).

Dog friendly on the levies. Great for bird watching. Easy walk to take my patents on. Benches along the walk.