Shaver Lake

Shaver Lake is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The current Tree removal has effectively removed all the perimeter road markers east of the road that takes you down to the Fishing club. So, be VERY aware before heading out. IT's very torn up by huge tractors, debris everywhere and we were really turned around a few times without ANY markers left and NO trail. West of The fishing Club road appeared to be just fine!

Shaver lake is my favorite place in the world. Hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, boating-- you name it. I have so many memories of this lake from my childhood and it has a revered place in my heart.

Too many people trash what would be beautiful

My family has owned a cabin between Shaver and Huntington lakes for 90+ years. I grew up spending summers here. It is a nice lake that is better for boating and beach fun than for fishing, especially this year (2012) since the lake had to be completely drained for repairs to the dam. If you want some fish, head up to Huntington lake, or wait a couple years for the planted fingerlings to grow to a legal size.