Shadow of the Giants

Shadow of the Giants is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oakhurst, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy 1 mile loop in thick forest environment with many Giant Sequoias. 1 mile loop with about 12 Giant Sequoias but only a handful of really big ones. Easy hike and really nice thick forest. Much different than most of the forest around bass lake. Many informative signs along the hike to educate people about the history of the Giant Sequoias

We opted to check this trail out on Black Friday and it was a great experience. Beautiful, quiet, and an easy trail. I loved that I could bring my dog, too. We spent about an hour there between walking and taking photos and whatnot. I was a little concerned about the unpaved road with my Toyota Camry, but it wasn't at all bad (I just wouldn't even think about it after a recent rain or snow). It was an easy trip from the valley and a much better use of time than Black Friday shopping!

Beautiful hike.

Awesome nice short hike.

A bit rocky to drive to- definitely recommend an SUV or truck of some sort.

Easy, casual walk. Great for a nice informative walk with the kids or to relax in the great outdoors. Not a workout spot.

Pretty easy hike. I liked the informational plaques that gave descriptions of the trees. Beautiful forest. Getting there was a bit rough. My car is not meant for rocky roads since it sits a little low...nor are my tires meant for this kind of trip. Just drive carefully and slow.

Was excellent. Shaded trail with clearly marked trails with informative spots along the way.

Nice and easy and quiet. Pretty

This is a wonderful quiet hike off of the beaten path. The forest is lush and the surroundings are exactly like a lot of trails in Yosemite, but without the crowds. There are some steep areas but nothing too bad. The Giant Sequoias are so magnificent and awe inspiring. We will be back again and again.

Great for the family and dog. Informative trail markers along the trail and majestic Redwoods.

Quick & easy loop.

very pleasant walk with my wife and dog. we went in December when there was about 1.5 inches of snow. we were the only ones on the trail so we let the dog off leash. We started here then went to Fresno dome afterwards.

Short-beautiful-gigantic hike. Can't truly appreciate the size of the Sequoias until you see them in person!! I'd post pics, but it wouldn't do the hike justice.

Beautiful. My family and i really enjoyed it. Very easy, but a great place to explore, have a picnic or just enjoy some huge amazing trees and that wonderful forest smell.