Serrania Ridge Trail

Serrania Ridge Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Hills, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Perfect for a half day hike

Easy hike and beautiful ;)

Easy access and you can continue to other trails (ie Topanga Canyon Loop) and routes from the top.

Nice trail . Hot during the summer carry some water with you. I normally parked outside on the street. Warm up run/walk the hill go over the top to mulholland drive .

easy quick hike...

It was a great trail except for the monstrous swarm of thousands of bees we encountered on the way down. We had to take an alternate way down and ended up far from the beginning but it was still a good hike. Good for beginner to medium hikers.

If you're new to hiking and want a trail for your first elevation gain - don't start with this trail. It's a good trail and everything but it'll kick your !#$*@ if you're not in really good shape. You might decide hiking isn't for you. The climb starts with 1/4 mile of 16% grade. That's significant. It's not a long way to Mulholland but the average uphill grade is around 13%. That's a bit taxing. Going out I was concerned that I'd be exhausted coming back. Coming back turned out to be a rather easy stroll. The views aren't outstanding but it's a good work out in the out of doors.

It's a short hike (1 hour out and back) starting at Serrania Park in Woodland Hills, CA. Brought my two dogs and hiked off-leash. Went all the way to the fire road and came back. A little bit more than 3 miles round trip. Didn't bring water since it's only 3 miles but dogs were able to drink water when we ended the hike at the dog park at the bottom. I'm at this park everyday walking my dogs but will definitely incorporate this hike into our daily regiment. Have to start early or go on a day that's overcast since there is little to no shade on this trail. If we have more time, we'll definitely see where the fire road leads...

Hiked w my wife and 8 month old, we had her in the baby carrier but we also brought an off roading stroller in case she needed to sleep...the narrow parts of the trail were tough w the stroller but overall really enjoyed the hike...the ridge line was great...surprisingly crowded, but was holiday weekend...