Sequoia National Park Area Campgrounds

DIFFICULTY 4 reviews

Sequoia National Park Area Campgrounds is located near Three Rivers, CA. The trail is primarily used for camping and is accessible from April until October.

Very nice place to spend a week

scenic driving

is the best place for camping and hike nice cave and water falls and a lots bears is good I camping every years for one week I take my family whit me all the time the love the place

We stayed at the Cold Springs Campground in Sequoia National Park. We stayed at this particular campground so we could go hiking on the Farewell Gap and Franklin Lake trails. To get up to campground is about 25 miles drive up a mountain, the road conditions and many curves, bends, and sharp turns made the trip take 90 minutes one way. The wildlife and scenery make all worth it. There are several trail heads to choose from. The biggest decision is which one you want to start hiking on. We hiked up on a particular trail so we could see Vandever Mountain. Being this was my 1st hiking trip we only made it about 4 to 4 1/2 miles up the mountain. Due to the incoming weather and my body about to give out on me, we turned around and went back down.