Seaview and Big Springs Trails Loop

Seaview and Big Springs Trails Loop is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berkeley, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Parking off of Wildcat Rd.

Great loop. Hilly at times but overall a nice moderate hike! Will do again and next time I'll bring the dogs!

great views of the bay

Moderate trail. Best in the early morning since there's not much plentiful shade on this loop.

Killer views though a little foggy and overcast early in the am. Moderate inclines but totally worth it. Not too many people for a Sunday morning, which is a plus

I went thru the Seaview Trail connecting from Vollmer Trail. Nice short trail in Tilden Park. Some nice tree grove areas & views of the Bay.

Good little climb with very nice scenery (reservoir on one side, hills on the other). Dog friendly. Good amount of trails to choose from. Main issue is it is crowded...too much for my taste. We did go on a Sunday afternoon so I suppose that is peak usage time, but prefer more isolated.

can get pretty muddy at times, but a perfectly moderate hiking challenge with breath taking views. not too crowded, and dogs are allowed.

The day started with an overcast. So make sure to layer up. It cleared by noon. The views were awesome. We made it to the lake and took time to rest and enjoy the view. There are tons of trails to take so I would definitely return.

I visited this trail early in the morning to avail the summer hot sun. The traffic was light, fabulous views and the hike was good.

beautiful views!! one of the best!

Nice views of both sides

Woke up early in the morning and did this hike with my Frenchie before it got too hot for the both of us. I've lived in the Bay Area for almost 2 years and I can't believe I've never been to Tilden Regional Park before! Glad I know about it now and I will definitely be returning to try some of the other trails.

This hike wasn't too difficult, but if you're exploring it with someone who is out of shape they will probably disagree. I exercise and run 3-4 times a week and my legs and buns felt this hike the next few days. I can't complain, that is exactly what I was looking for.

It was a lovely day! High 70s!! Great trail and lovely views of the bay and nearby lake at the top. Nice and wide trail - with a lot of rocky point. Wear hiking shoes or shoes with good tread! Would definitely recommend.

After few rainy days, the sun finally came up. Went up to the Seaview Trail in Berkeley for a short hike. Followed the Seaview / Big Spring Trails Loop. It was a nice walk with cool air and sun shine. Great views too.

Rewarding view of San Francisco Bay.

Great trail, short but not too easy.

Great trail, super cool views. Was only 1.4 miles though and almost wished it would be longer. I did not find a bigger loop though. Will come back exploring :))) oh and my 4 year old did it with us very successfully.