Schabarum Trail

Schabarum Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rowland Heights, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail, family friendly

Convenient ,scenery rout for every age group

very good hike. good workout. kid friendly. we even seen snakes and deers and rabbits. would definitely do it again.

Great hike if you're looking for a good workout. Plenty of steep challenging hills, great views. Didn't see any wildlife which I was kind of bummed about. Make sure to take money for parking $6 and plenty of water.

Well used on the weekend but wide enough that you don't feel crowded. For free parking, find a spot on the south corner of Azusa and Colima or start at powder canyon and connect up with this trail. It's not quite as solitary as a mountain trail because the horseshoe shape trail goes around the park but it is still a great hike. Will definitely do it again.

seen Deer and even a bob cat once. Beautiful place.

I use this trail as a cardio workout and a place (near home) to walk my dogs three to five times a week. It gets lots of traffic (locals, mountain bikes and occasionally horses) but still offers great views of the San Gabriel Valley and Orange County. On clear days you can see Catalina and if you look closely the oil rigs and tankers off shore. It's not exactly "out in the sticks" but it is a pleasurable hike for those who want one.

Nice trail. Good for being so close to home. During the week they don't charge for parking. Last week we went 3 times and 2 of the days we saw deer.

Good hike and I am glad I started early. Went to the west trail almost to Hacienda then I took Powder Canyon to the end or start however you want to call it. If you want to start early you can start at the Powder Canyon trail head and save 6 dollars.

Nice running trail. Didn't seem to be very busy, however it was a hot day. Brought my twin nephews (10 yr old) along for the run, so it's definitely kid friendly.

really enjoyed this trail

its a nice run not much shade

Went there yesterday! A lot of construction going on... Trucks digging. Not quite anymore and smells like motor.

Great hike... So you don't have to pay go all the way up Azusa and park in the street right before the curve into to neighborhood and walk up the hill.... Lots of up and downs... Good views and the park is nice!

I went hiking here for a little cardio workout during the week around 1pm since it's the closet to me. I was kinda iffy about it at first due to the fact that it is hidden and it was my first time here(by myself and my little dog), but I got out of my car and decided to hike it anyway!

A few hundred steps into my walk I came across 2 young guys and they said hello and smiled; they were the only people I saw for a while until I was headed back down to my car and ran into another man who was also so friendly! I felt safe on this trail and never once had a bad feeling while walking up there.

There were many trails but I took the powder canyon trail since It seemed the easiest not to get lost on! it lead to a loop of dirt near some power towers which I was kinda disappointed in, no view at all!

I will definitely go back once a week for a good cardio workout! It really worked my butt!