Sawmill Road Loop Trail

Sawmill Road Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lake Arrowhead, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this was a very scenic trail, but very confusing the whole way no signs for direction, I went the back way through overall was good but like I said very confusing as far as the loop ... it was about 4 miles after I made it through I would rate it as moderate trail my three young children made it all the way, I did see a deer and lots of tracks from other animals.

Didn't get too far out, but I really enjoyed the scenery. The entrance is in the camp on the far edge. There was a fallen tree on the path that we had to climb under, but the rest of the trail was clear. I'd like to go back and walk the whole thing!

Nice easy hike not much water in stream during winter

The scenery was beautiful. It took some time to figure out where I was going. The road paths are super clear but the hiking paths are a little more difficult to find. There are trees fallen on old paths so it can be difficult to find a new way around where the old path should've been. I had to climb under barb wire to get to the path I was supposed to be on. Overall, I would do it again, but the longer version. The short version is where I was lost a few times.

Clearly marked from from the campground and again about a mile in. Quite a bit of fire damage. The creek was nice. Will probably go again when the water level is up. The valleys are neat and climb wasn't too tough.

This trail was ok. We got kind of lost and ended up on a paved road. It was nice to get out and hike though on our vacation.