Saratoga Gap Long Ridge Loop Trail

Saratoga Gap Long Ridge Loop Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Gatos, CA that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

Staging area available at the intersection of Skyline Blvd and Big Basin Way

Amazing views, very clear trail and footing easy for running shoes. Challenging 3-4 hour hike!

Very private with nice views. I saw many deer and heard many wild turkeys. Very peaceful.

2/6/15: Nice trail, a bit confusing. It was more challenging coming back. Beautiful scenery.

This was a little more than easy. My daughter and I at 80 had only one area where it was a little narrow. Other than that it was a good hike.

This is a very nice area for trail running. Ran a 10 mile loop starting from the Grizzly Flat parking area. Thru Saratoga Gap, down Charcoal Rd, then back up Grizzly Flat trail. Saw very few people on the trail, so bring a friend to be safe. Nicely shaded along single track and fire roads. Some decent elevation change so this is a good workout.

Great one for medium and experienced mtb riders. Coming back for sure.

First timer ! and I love it

Awesome park one of my favs, and close too home for mountain biking, youll get ur workout.

These trails are by far the most fun out of all the other OSPs in the vicinity. Saratoga Gap, when starting from the southern parking lot, starts of with a descent on some switchbacks with some great technical sections that will test your bike skills. They consist of rock gardens and root stairs, going down it is fairly fun, but definitely don't bring a beginner here. The remainder of the Saratoga Gap section is single track and it's rolling hills with some moderate technical sections here and there. At the end of the trail you will hit a junction with a few signs but none of which tells you were to get to Long Ridge. I mistakenly took Table Top and it was fun and technical going down until I realized 1 mile in that I was going down the wrong trail, riding back up is not too exciting. Hoping over to Long Ridge, it was mostly fire roads until you meet the Long Ridge loop at the northern end, and that's when there are this fun single tracks. You basically ride back the way you came and remember the technical part at the beginning at Saratoga Gap? Well it comes back to haunt you when you try to climb back up it after you have exhausted all your energy.

Great trails and I would say Saratoga Gap is more of a Black Diamond then a Moderate Blue.

Can get technical with all the rocks but is a great an mostly tree covered place.

This is a nice trail especially when it's misty and foggy, went a little late so I couldn't enjoy the whole trail, was getting dark and it was my first time and alone and I didn't have a helmet which is posted everywhere that they are required

Best hiking I've found that is so close. Trail handles rain well, ie not too much mud.

loved the Saratoga gap trail! Park near shooting range so you do hear gun fire the whole time. Great rock formations. Castle rock is very very easy to get to. The rest is a hike, but worth every step.

I was there a few days ago and the bugs were horrible! Little black flies buzzing all around my head nearly drove me insane. I hoped a breeze would keep them away when I got up a little higher. It was a bit better but the sun and heat of the day forced us down into the shade and bugs again. I'm new to Cali but this reminded me of Maine's black flies. They were not biting, thank heavens. I love this trail but will wait for cooler weather to hike it again.