Santiago Creek Trail

Santiago Creek Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It's a pretty nice place. There are many many different routes to take on this trail but the only issue is it can get super super hot once you get up to the mountains. If you stay down low & hike at the bottom there's some shade but if you want to take the long routes be prepared for heat! Bring lots of water & maybe something to fan yourself with because once you get to the mountains there will be no shade if you're going up high.

The family and I are always looking for new hiking places. When we read it was a dog friendly park, we decided to bring our pup along. It was an easy enough hike for my eight year old. The trails were well marked and the choices were endless. We found the pond everyone was talking about. The downside was all the black bugs and all the horse droppings. Definitely watch your step. Other than that wonderful hike.

This park is my absolute favorite park to hike in. It is also great because you can take your dog with you. Love it!!

Good for exercising. Some of the hills are pretty steep and it's a good work out. This was my first time at this park and I personally don't care for it/wouldn't go back because I don't like to see homes and power lines when I hike. There are many areas throughout the hike that you see nothing but nature and it's beautiful, but then you turn a corner and hear the buzzing of the towers because they're so close.

The map was screwed up for my hike. I would be on the right trail but it would be outlining my route completely off the trail and then eventually go back in line, but this made it sort of tough to just follow the map. I kept thinking I was on the wrong trail and would turn around..

One of my local faves. Variety of trails makes for many combinations of different trail runs. Seems like too many trails for a newbie but once your familiar with it you realize there's always something new to keep your run fresh. The lower, easy trails have a lot of coverage. The harder trails are all out in the open which is the only drawback. Some of the moderate trails have portions that should be labeled hard and vice versa, e.g. Peralta Hills trail should be hard and Oak Trail moderate. Parking can be tough on weekends when they rent out the facilities for weddings and other events. $3weekdays/$5weekends

It was a lovely hike. Weekend entrance fee is $5. Otherwise lovely hike!

It was my first time every hiking here I absolutely loved it! There are so many awesome trails to hike, I look forward to coming back here again soon :)

There is a $3 entrance fee on weekdays. The majority of the trail is unshaded. Came in winter (February 2016) and still got hot. There are many trail options to start with. You can ask the park entrance guard for a map. We started the Santiago canyon creek trail backwards and went through a couple other trails to make the loop longer. We went through the hawk trail, grasshopper, and oak trail. Don't be afraid to not follow a map. Most of the trails connect and loop.

Nice Trail,so many way to go and how far you wanna go,I did,4.06 mile

Really nice hiking trails to take dogs on a walk. We went on a Saturday and it was really busy with hikers, runners and cyclists. If you don't want to be around with many people, weekdays is probably better. You pay a fee to enter the park of $3 (weekdays) and $5 (weekends).

Great hike. Took my 2 dogs.

We went through an amazing trail there's many to choose from. Definitely going back