Santa Ynez Canyon Waterfall Trail

Santa Ynez Canyon Waterfall Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pacific Palisades, CA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

cave

Santa Ynez Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile out and back trail located near Topanga, California that features a waterfall. It is an easy family-friendly trail and primarily used for hiking & walking and is accessible throughout the year.

It's fine. As others have noted, waterfall is dried up. Reminds me on an east coast hike - ticks, bees, frogs, you name it, they are lurking in the bush - we even saw some deer! Quiet trail, you'll pass people but not a ton. This would be a good group hike. I also wouldn't go too late in the day as I imagine it gets dark quickly.

Lovely walk, waterfall is dry.

We brought Koda.. Didn't get very far.. Waterfall was dried up

Didn't get through the trail, as it was overgrown and we were scared of getting ticks on ourselves. Maybe when it's a different season, it would be worth trying again.

worst hike ever, ticks and bugs and very very overgrown

I've never done this trail from the trailhead listed on this map. Usually go to Topanga State Park and do it from there. ~2.2 miles out and another ~2.2 miles back so it's a total of 4.4 miles. This is one of my favorite trails. If you go to Topanga State Park, park outside on the street and it's free or pay in the lot.

I've done this hike 10+ times with the most recent as of last week and the waterfall has never been dry.

There are snakes so be careful ... also some frogs!

Our News year day ritual. Spotted many deer on this trail. Watch for poison oak!! Great views from the top of the valley near the end.

Very fun .. I will do it again.. And there is wildlife..

the formation of the rock,is amassing.

I did everything wrong on this trail! I was not terribly experienced at hiking, it was mid-summer and over 100 degrees, and I started the trail at noon. I ended up with mild heat exhaustion! But all of that was my bad -- it was still very beautiful, especially in the creekbed. Unsurprisingly the creek and waterfall were completely dry.

This trail is good around Springs time!

geocaching

Poison oak, bugs, snakes, mountain lion, rope climbing, rock climbing, and a great view of you get to the top.

Here's the thing about this trail, I would save it for the winter months and I'm pretty sure it would be 100% worth it then. The trail is kinda hidden! Don't go to the right go straight behind the lip (this will make sense when you get there I promise) The waterfall is 100% dry, surprise surprise. The poison oak is very over grown, long pants and long socks are a must, long sleeve recommended! And the worst part was the bugs they would not let up at all! That said I strongly feel this trail will be better in the winter months, the falls will be pouring and hopefully the bugs will chill out.

Been awhile since I've been out there. We took a trail to the right, right before the steps & came across a deer carcass! We backed out quickly & quietly & found the right trail. Definitely felt presence, tho only saw 1 other person out there. Feels very remote :) Don't know why it's rated as difficult? Maybe we were having too much fun to realize!lol

It's was decent just gotta watch out for a lot of poison oak so definitely not kid friendly.