Santa Rosa Trail

Santa Rosa Trail is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Thousand Oaks, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Volcanic outcroppings, great views Santa Rosa & Conejo valleys This is a pleasant hike along Mountclef Ridge in Wildwood Park. The hike provides lovely views of the Santa Rosa Valley to the Santa Susana and Topatopa Mountains, as well as the Conejo Valley to the Santa Monica Mountains. There is little shade along the trail, and the vegetation is mostly scrub brush. The spring is my favorite time to do this hike, when the hills are green and the wildflowers in blossom. Note that once you reach the end of the Santa Rosa Trail and start heading down a service road into a housing development, route finding gets a little confusing. You head down the service road, turn right on the unmarked Lower Butte trail, the left on Wildwood avenue, then right on the jogging path that takes you back to Avenida De Los Arboles. The day I did this hike it was hazy to the south and foggy on the north side of Mountclef ridge, so I really didn't get any photos of the spectacular views.

Don't let the easy hiking status fool you, on a mountain bike this was a difficult trail. Lots of Rocky climbs and loose footing. There are narrow spots near cactus. Beautiful views!

Loved it! Not for the softies.

I loved seeing all the cacti :) lots of switchbacks on the way up. After getting up on the mountain, it levels out. Lots of fun! I've done it twice & like to do it again.

This is a good trail if you don't want to see or meet people. I used to jog this trail in the evenings and rarely do I ever meet people on the trail. One weekend I met couple people in horses.

It was a bit more than I expected which i like but my boyfriend... Not as much. We cut through the neighborhood towards the end. Great parking!