Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill

Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

we did an 8 mile loop. it was fun

we've done this hike a few times. it's beautiful. hard to believe you are in Murrieta ca.

Great place just to go for a day hike

Easy and nice trail for an afternoon hike, walk.

Great trails for a family hike, many different trails to explore.

My favorite place for a trail run! Be careful... Tons of tarantulas and a few coyotes crossed my path several times. Stay alert!

Great Hike today. Cool morning. Got in 5 miles of a good steady hike!

Great easy hike. I was able to hike a 9.5 mile loop. Along the trails I came across a tarantula and some coyotes.

I loved this hike. After Monument we kept going to the adobes. Awesome Sunday hike.❤️❤️

So close to home, but out of reach when out there, was a splendid run.

Great for a relaxing hike on a breezy day.

A great hike nice gradual elevation changes, not much shade.

love this trail!! We did the 8 mile trail and got in over 20k steps. Took the babies in carriers for extra weight, they have added more bench areas throughout for quick snack stops. Overall a tough trail of you are planning on trucking most of it and adding in some running. Lots of up and down with steep hills and tons of nature around you. I suggest using a camelback, because carrying anything in your hands will take a toll, especially since the trail isn't very laid out for humans to walk on so be careful!

Beautiful and diverse I think we hiked 3 different trails can't wait to go back

Turned this 7.5 mile hike into 11.14 miles. Beautiful rolling trails. Nothing difficult. It took 3 hours and 8 minutes to complete this hike. It was a nice easy stroll for me. great distance hike with some speed, but no challenge of steep inclines and elevation gains. Great for family hikes/picnics, however pets are not allowed and the fines are steep.