Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill

Santa Rosa Plateau Trail to Monument Hill is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

My favorite place for a trail run! Be careful... Tons of tarantulas and a few coyotes crossed my path several times. Stay alert!

Great Hike today. Cool morning. Got in 5 miles of a good steady hike!

Great easy hike. I was able to hike a 9.5 mile loop. Along the trails I came across a tarantula and some coyotes.

I loved this hike. After Monument we kept going to the adobes. Awesome Sunday hike.❤️❤️

So close to home, but out of reach when out there, was a splendid run.

Great for a relaxing hike on a breezy day.

A great hike nice gradual elevation changes, not much shade.

love this trail!! We did the 8 mile trail and got in over 20k steps. Took the babies in carriers for extra weight, they have added more bench areas throughout for quick snack stops. Overall a tough trail of you are planning on trucking most of it and adding in some running. Lots of up and down with steep hills and tons of nature around you. I suggest using a camelback, because carrying anything in your hands will take a toll, especially since the trail isn't very laid out for humans to walk on so be careful!

Beautiful and diverse I think we hiked 3 different trails can't wait to go back

Turned this 7.5 mile hike into 11.14 miles. Beautiful rolling trails. Nothing difficult. It took 3 hours and 8 minutes to complete this hike. It was a nice easy stroll for me. great distance hike with some speed, but no challenge of steep inclines and elevation gains. Great for family hikes/picnics, however pets are not allowed and the fines are steep.

Hiked a 7 1/2 mile loop today. Got started around 8:30 and was back by 11 am. Perfect timing, as it was getting pretty hot by the time I got back to the parking lot. The loop I took started at the visitor center - waterline rd to Faultline which turns into Punta Mesa. Punta Mesa ends up at the Adobes, where you can rest under the Oaks for awhile. I then took Ranch Road and Ranch Trail back to the Visitor Center.
There was plenty of shade on the Punta Mesa portion of the loop, and this area of the park is beautiful.
Wildlife-wise, almost stepped on a 2 foot rattlesnake when walking the Faultline Road section, so keep your eyes down, which I guarantee you I did for the rest of the hike. Also saw a huge coyote off of Ranch Road, probably the biggest one I've ever seen.

I visit Temecula every summer and for the 2nd year in a row I have gone on a trail run at Santa Rosa. Twice this week, I've run on Hidden Valley Rd to the adobes and out Ranch Rd and back to the trailhead on Coyote trail. As much as I love single track, the tall grasses here are a little disconcerting knowing snake visibility is low. A hiker I spoke to said mountain lions are NOT a concern on the plateau, however, there are several posted signs so I kept an eye out. I did enjoy seeing bunnies and birds and a little coyote my son said looked starved. Haha. Smooth packed sand, rolling hills and nothing too strenuous in the slightest. Love it there!

The track we took was from the Hidden Valley TH and took Hidden Valley Rd up to the Historic Adobes along Punta Mesa Tr to Monument Hill Rd, Lomas Tr. and returned via Coyote Tr. a total of 8.4 miles. The morning was overcast in low clouds making the views worthless but the temperature perfect. It is not a tough hike this way but without the cloud cover would have required a lot more water. An enjoyable workout with some education thrown in at the Adobes. We didn't see any wildlife other than rabbits and birds but we were watchful for mountain lions. They have just raised the day use fee to $4/person but well worth the fee as it is all well maintained. We will be going back!

I consider Santa Rosa more of a glorified walk, but I still enjoy it!

great traild, on a clear day one can see for miles,snow capped mountains in the distance awesime!

Started taking my 3 young children here to get them into the outdoor life. They absolutely loved it, very easy and family friendly trails. Many different routes to choose while hiking around and the visitor center is a great start. They really enjoy interaction with the children and adults who show interest in the native plants and animals. It was really dry this time of year but I have been there in the early spring and it is awesome, everything's green, water flowing in the creek beds and plenty of wildlife. Be warned I have encountered coyote early mornings and spotted mountain lion tracks as well.