Del Dios Gorge Trail

Del Dios Gorge Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Santa Fe, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Santa Fe Valley/Del Dios Gorge is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Rancho Santa Fe, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking & trail running and is accessible year-round.

This trail was a good trail. We decided to do the loop twice (unintentionally) before finding our way back to the bridge and heading back to the doc. There are approximate 4 trails in one so it's easy to do a few extra miles more than what you initially intend to do, but definitely worth it.... wear comfortable shoes and bring lots of water, if you take your dog out there please ensure you have plenty of water....

Very pretty,had fun...explored the bottom of the dam with the graffiti all the way inside and climbed up the side..don't do it,it's frowned upon I guess. There was a rent a cop that I didn't even notice in an ordinary car that I thought had been just chillin for the longest time. He was nice though,he didn't know how we got up there cause he didn't see us but that's bc we climbed up the side. Maybe it's common sense that you're not supposed to do that but eh...

Easy walk, nothing spectacular. We took little kids for about a mile section of the trail west of the dam. No shade.

Very good easy hike that was very informative with terrific signage to educate the hiker with not only flora and fauna information but also provided excellent history of the area.

I really enjoyed this hike. The trail is very well maintained and it's easy to stay on the trail. My wife and I hiked this trail this morning and found it was a nice mix of rolling hills and flat walking.

The hardest part was finding the dang place, make sure you do not try and get to it via Bing Crosby BLVD as it's a private road; you need to turn where the fruit stands are, just a little north of Bing Crosby.

Highly recommend this if you don't want just another "hill climb hike".

The signage to the parking area off Del Dios Hwy is nonexistent, we drove past it without much fanfare. The hike in mid-May was tolerable, as the verdant images in my mind remained there. There were very little trees for shade, recent 2007 wildfire victim, and the river is all but dried up now. The old dam's concrete structure remains an engineering relic. Overall an easy 2hr round trip hike/ 4mls with a few interesting scenic views. The telescope/compass art work was worth the five mins of side entertainment. ** Downside: the rocks were tagged with graffiti, and trash on the path. Not many hikers and mountain bikers need to use their bells or voice more often . Looks nothing like the picture.

The hike starts out very easy, slowing ascending up a hill after you pass a rusted bridge. The trail is narrow with a couple of signs warning you of the rattlesnakes in the area , which made me very uncomfortable , because of my small dogs. It was a sunny day and there is very little shade, so bring a hat and wear plenty of sunscreen. Don't forget to bring water!

Enjoyed hike. Not real difficult. Somewhat scenic. Drove to Cardiff and enjoyed lunch on the beach afterwards.