San Luis Rey River Trails

San Luis Rey River Trails is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Oceanside, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

8.9 miles 110 feet Point to Point

This is a great trail for biking. I personally wouldn't like walking it- there are just so many cyclists zipping by. It is pretty flat, but be aware that there is a pretty significant hill at the end of the trail. If you have a little beach cruiser with no gears or handbrakes like me, I suggest walking your bike on this last bit. It doesn't look like that bad of a hill, but it is on a curve. I ate the pavement on the way back down and got some road rash and bruises. I suggest leaving that last bit to more experienced cyclists and those with bikes built for that sort of thing.

it was more of a walk than a hike. lots of bike riders and runners, but it was a nice walk....we did 8.4 miles..we turned around before the harbor because of prior commitments, but it could easily be a 12 mile hike...

Good clean trail

This is a great trail for road biking. You can go under all the cross streets so you don't have to wait for traffic signals. I wish it was a bit longer and more scenic.

It was a great long ride!! It good for a down and back ride. Very smooth.

The trail is great. It sometimes gets crowded with lots of bikers so always be aware.

It's really good for long runs as is pretty flat.

Great bike trail that ends at the beach near Oceanside harbor. Other end start at N. Santa Fe & Hwy 76. I love it for running when the dirt trail are wet. Lots of bikers at times so you must pay attention at all times!!!!

Easy and safe