San Juan Rapids Trail

San Juan Rapids Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fair Oaks, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy just park in the lot and walk to the trail head

Some areas of hard walking on small rocks but well worth it once you get to the river.

It's ok not marked well but fun little trail

This trail is very badly marked. I saw one sign and ended up on fire access roads with no idea where the trail was. I looked for trail maps on the City of Fair Oaks web site but could not find one. I ended up getting so lost I could not find my way back to the parking lot. Luckily, the Sherrif/Ranger was very helpful and kind, found me and gave me a ride back to my car.

Perfect for an early evening jog

Nice trek for me and the dogs. I got "off trail" and a nice guy pointed us back in the right direction. River was fun for the dogs to dip. :)

Fun easy trail. Saw a lynx which was pretty awesome.

Hot, but great trails. River access was an awesome find! Kids did great & strollers made it.

Great place to go and walk around.

This is a nice trail for beginning hikers. The trails are well marked with some off trail areas with a bit more challenge but nothing overt daunting.

Today out with my dog on the trail I saw a large lynx crossing the path about 35 feet in front of me. He was so quite my dog never saw him. It was incredible.

Pretty decent lil trail. nice walk along the river. just watch out for people living along the river.

Lots of great little trails to meander off and still find your way back! The river was gorgeous!! Great way to start our day before the craziness of family time!

easy quick hike with nice quiet spots to sit by the river and not be bothered. the main trail is easy but going off the path makes it a little more fun.

Great hike. Our Boxer Lambeau loved running around by the river!

My daughter and I did the hike and enjoyed it. We got off the trail a little but otherwise, we had a good time. The scenery was okay and the walk was easy, even for us beginners.