San Gabriel Mountains: Mount Zion Loop Trail

San Gabriel Mountains: Mount Zion Loop Trail is a 10.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Monrovia, CA that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, camping, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You need a Wilderness Parking Pass (You can purchase these at any outdoors stores Sports Authority, Big 5, etc.)

Definitely one I will not forget, my first jump into a pond waterfall thing! Very nice workout also

Lorraine, your review is right on!!

Love it... can't wait to return

I hope this is the same one I did yesterday.... Sounds accurate. Except I thought it was about a 12 mile hike & took us 6 hours too.

We started at Chantry Flats CG, to SpruceGrove CG, up to the Summit of Mt. Zion, took the loop to Hoegees then Upper Winter Creek back to Chantry Flats CG (where the parking lot is)

It was an intense hike! Very good work out! It kicked my butt Lol.. but we'll definitely do it again. It was so gorgeous there. Fall is the perfect season. Beautiful views of the City, branches crackling, leaves rustling, Blue/Silver Squirrels yapping at each other, birds chirping, spider webs glistening in the sun light between the trees, peaceful sound of the waterfall & creeks. We went right over the top of the Waterfall. But you have to get here early if you want a parking spot in the parking lot.
P.S. And don't forget to pick up a Parking Pass :)