San Dimas Canyon to Sunset Peak

San Dimas Canyon to Sunset Peak is a 17.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near La Verne, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I was at Camp Paige fire camp in the late 90's and wet use to hike antennas and sunset peak all the time. where the trail starts on this map is incorrect. the trailhead is called cardiac and is a near vertical 1/8 of a run/hike. I believe it's more over to the right of where they say it is. While antenna is the mid point of the hike, sunset peak is the real deal. should be no more than an hour hike.

I went early this am to the address shown on this site, I parked right by the dam and I walk up and down the windy asphalt road all the way to the fire station, never saw the trail head. about half way I saw something that looks like a trail but after a very step 1/4 mile it dissappear into the hillside. no signs are posted neither I saw other hikers :(