San Antonio Falls Trail

San Antonio Falls Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Directions from Claremont, CA: Travel on Foothill Boulevard to Mills Avenue. Take Mills Avenue until it turns into Mt. Baldy Road. Drive 12 miles north on Mt. Baldy Road to the campground. (Note: Foothill can be reached by taking Mountain Avenue north from the 10 freeway).

Short walk to the waterfall. You can continue onto the trail for a much further hike to the top of the ski lifts.

Very easy if just going to the falls, nice views.

Short but easy. Cool waterfall.

really nice road after the parking lot, only 1 mile to get to the wonderful. It's good to enjoying a hot day,

It was so awsome. Hiked to the falls and played in the water. Water was so cool breath taking.

Awesome views..!

perfect challenge don't start at the start by the waterfall way more of a challenge

Good beginner trail

Took a hike to the falls just to loosen up my legs prior to doing Mt Baldy the following day. It was a relatively easy and short hike. I made it 3.71 miles taking Falls Rd to the falls, then doubling back from there and heading up Baldy Road for a little while. I turned down the service road/trail that lead to the top level of the Ski Lift parking lot. That was a very steep down hill and the bottom of it was our start point for hiking Baldy the next day in honor of our disabled veterans "Climb for Heroes Fundraiser". From there I had to walk down all five parking levels and down the road to get back to my car. Again it was an easy day. Great views and the falls were flowing very well. There were two individuals repelling from the falls just I as arrive.

Great hike, with great views. We started at the Falls Rd trailhead and took the fire road up to Baldy Notch, from there we headed North West towards the Devils Backbone. Snow covered portions of the trail and crampons were used by some to get to the peak. Views were awesome from the backbone as well as from the peak which was completely snow covered. From the peak we proceeded to the South towards the Baldy bowl passed the ski hut (which has a little outhouse in the back), and followed the trail the rest of the way down to the fire road we started on. The trail down was pretty slick and crampons were used off and on. This is NOT an "easy" hike, there is over 4,000ft in elevation gain and a total of about 10.4 miles. The elevation plays a factor as well. You could call it easy if you take the lift up to the notch and hike a total of 3.2 miles to the peak, but thats cheating. Its not the most difficult hike and the trail is well maintained, I can see why this is used as a training hike for Whitney. BTW check out Socalhiker.net for info on this and other great hikes in socal.

Easy hike, not too dangerous even during winter (caution and balance are still required). Been here several times and there's always plenty of water running downstream. Best part is touching the fresh water as it falls.

This waterfall is an unfortunate victim of the same thing as many local spots of this type. Graffiti on the boulders. It hurts my heart when I see it, because years ago this was not a problem in wild spaces. The hike is mostly easy, on the road. There is one sketchy spot that is on the side of a hill it curves around, and if you're not sure footed it could be tricky. I have a bad back and a bad knee, but I managed it. You want to wear hiking boots for safety, and trekking poles might help if you are uncertain.

No waterfall in this region is going to be too impressive in the middle of a drought in the middle of summer, but there was water flowing when I was there recently. It's nice as far as a spot to listen to the water falling, and take a few pictures… but as I said there is graffiti. The hike is not excessively difficult. Use bug repellent, or have a headnet, or possibly both. FLIES omg. The reviews I have read complaining about flies at Manker Flats Campground across the road are no joke. The flies are irritating as heck.

It's worth seeing if you've never been there but I can't say that I would take the time to go again now that I have.

This was an easy hike to do. It was a short distance to reach the waterfall which was beautiful and full of flowing water. There was even snow still left on the side of the hill. We continued back up the trail and took it around and down to the ski lift parking area. I'm not sure of the total distance, but it was worth going back to do again. The scenery was breathtaking and we even came across some baby chipmunks.

This trail definitely gives you a great work out. We took the trail all the way up to the Ski lift and ran into some snow/ice on the trail. This trail is a must do trail.....The views are so beautiful!

Nice trail. The views alone are worth the trip. It is great for children. And if you want to hike n the area, you have platy of options.

Easiest hike did this with my 7 month old son in his stroller great view best place to get away quick . Uphill and off paved road to get to waterfall but worth it

Very easy hike! The footpath is paved for wheelchair access unless you want to break from the trail and touch the water. The falls are very refreshing in the hot summer!

Easy hike. I took it from the road near the ski lifts. Uphill a short distance on a pace road. Went right after a snow storm. The falls are spectacular. I would do this one over an over. My dog loved running in the deep snow and the power of the falls is simply breath taking.