Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex Trail

DIFFICULTY 2 reviews

Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex Trail is a 6.7 mile out and back trail located near Willows, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well kept trail. I Went at the end of fall, it was wet,green, cold, and full of birds. I imagine fall and winter are the best times to go. Out of a few Wildlife Refuges I have been to around Sacramento, I liked this one the best

Today I really needed to get out, it amazes me how a lil running can change your whole out look on life......I did this hike as a trail run the path is approx. 1.5 miles on its outer most trails ( there is a few short cuts as they call them) is clear and well maintained, however there is no waterfowl at this time as all the wetlands are dry but come fall and winter these wetlands come alive...... the sound alone can be mind clearing and when they fly....well lets just say its a beautiful site and one that everyone who likes the opens spaces should see and hear. Happy Hiking!