Russian Ridge Trail

Russian Ridge Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near La Honda, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A short yet steep hike that offers great views and pleasant trails through grassland meadows and oak woodlands.

This is a lovely easy / moderate trail with excellent views of the bay, ocean and Santa Cruz mountains. I like the counterclockwise loop as you get much needed shade along Ancient Oaks Trail.

Awesome hike that provides scenic view of the Silicon Valley

Great hike year round, but probably best in the cooler seasons since most of the hike is in the sun. I hiked this on a Saturday and there were maybe 10 cars in the lot and 10 more in the Russian Ridge lot.

There are great views of the ocean on a clear day, and when you get to Borel Hill of Silicon Valley. Mostly rolling hills but there are a few nice climbs that get the heart rate going. The Russian Ridge area looks like a great trail running spot for newbies like me. Looking forward to going back.

(A 4 means it's a worthwhile hike, but there was nothing jaw dropping about it so it didn't get a 5)

This place is pretty great for the most part. The trails are very easy to follow and it's not very crowded. My favorite trails are Ancient Oak and the northern end of Ridge Trail. Lots of single track fun, but the climbs are long. The northern end of THE Ridge Trail is only fun going down but coming back up does not look like an easy task. I opted to go the route of taking Skyline back to the vista park gate where it reunite with trail system. Overall the single tracks are very fun with mostly easy to sections of moderate technicality. I have connect this ride with the neighboring Coal Creek OSP which has some fun single tracks and also Monte Bello.

Beautiful scenery and limited traffic make this a great hike. It was not very difficult, but still worth the time it took to drive there.

Great trails for beginner mountain bikers it is exciting but you don't need an expensive bike to ride it. Personally it was the first place I mountain biked at.

This is what Northern California trail running is all about. Once you are up on the trail ridge, you can view all of the Portola Valley and Palo Alto below you on one side, while taking in the rolling Coastline mountains on the other. I have been checking out about 2 of these Open Space Preserves off the 280 per month, and man, they are epic. Put on some tunes (if you are a music streamer while you run or bike) and get ready to fly.

Very easy hike with nice views. A good Sunday hike if you are a bit tired from Saturday night. I organized a meetup to do this hike and I think we all enjoyed the casual loop. We stopped at Alice's restaurant on the way back to eat. (alicesrestaurant.com). I like to imagine that it's the same Alice's Restaurant as the Arlo Guthrie song (but I'm pretty sure it's not)

Didn't hike the full 11 mile loop, opting for a shorter 2 hour loop on the day I went. Beautiful scenery and plenty of places to just chill and be alone. Spotted a rabbit and a few cool birds.

Did this trail today, from the parking lot for about .8 miles it's a bit uphill, but evens out until the last .5 miles to the top of the hill. Really nice view of Stanford and the rest of the bay area, the weather was hot under the sun but perfect in the shade. Saw lots of little lizards and birds, also a few bikers and families. Overall a nice place, not a hard hike at all and it was not too crowded.

kind of unique place that you can view both the bay and the pacific

I did the Russian Ridge extension of this trail. The first mile was uphill...a bit tough on the out of shape folk (like me). However the views are great and you get a 360 degree view to the ocean & SF bay area. Did this in the autumn, but I bet it is gorgeous in the spring with wildflowers blooming, as much of this hike is open fields. Very pretty

Great trail. Brought our 6 month old in a baby backpack and we hiked for 2 hours. Beautiful views.

This trail was a. Bit more difficult than moderate because I had to dismount so many times due to grade or mud. I passed historic homes and great views. I was a bit confused where the trail went but great ride!