Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir

Rowher Trail to Bouquet Reservoir is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Clarita, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is accessible from November until March.

scenic driving

Its the closest somewhat challenging trail to me and its regular visit for friends and I. I've done it so many times now I've lost count. I prefer going at night during the weekdays as there is less chance of running into crazy quads and dirt bikes. At the top it's a great lookout and a nice place to hang out.

good trail for moderately skilled off roaders.

Is really fun!!!!
I will definitely keep coming to this trail

off road driving

Very challenging trail with spectacular views.

off road driving

I brought my stock 2000 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 here for my first time EVER driving off road! There are several trails to choose from here, usually with an easy route and a hard route to get to the same destination, which was perfect for me. After getting a hang of things I attempted one steep difficult descent which was nerve-racking but a ton of fun! My rig handled it beautifully in 4Lo with road tires aired down a bit. Beautiful scenic views (we stopped for a picnic lunch at the summit), and a great destination for beginners and advanced drivers alike!

This trail is usually a blast with lots of large ruts. Would be a difficult trail in anything without 4x4.

off road driving

Fun "newbie" trip with City Slickers 4x4. Great views at the top.

off road driving

Very steep slope at the beginning from the reservoir and all the way to the top. Then a cool scenic descent on the other side. Views to the desert, the snowy big bear and the lake. I drive a Jeep Wrangler four doors with a 3.5" lift kit and 33" wheels. Easy.

off road driving

Entered off Bouquet Canyon Rd. Lockers will help in certain sections. Run the trail with another vehicle, highly recommended.

off road driving

Entered off of bouquet canyon road and took route 6n07 mostly a bumpy fire road all the way to the top. Easily done in 2 wheel drive. Once at the top we took the face of the hill down and THAT was intense. Coming down in 4low I was still sliding..coming up that face takes horsepower low tires and a good set of lockers. Lots of fun with the woman and definitely gonna do it again!

off road driving

Great trail. Very steep if entering from Bouquet Canyon Rd. Lockers are required.

Three good points on this trail which I award a pucker factor of 5....mostly this is just a rough dirt road.