Rodeo Valley Loop

Rodeo Valley Loop is a 5.2 mile loop trail located near Sausalito, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Explore the Coastal Headlands on the Rodeo valley loop. Enjoy glimpses of the Golden Gate and Pacific Ocean. This is a great area to look for soaring raptors, and other bird species. Take the Rodeo Valley Trail to the Bobcat Trail

The rodeo trail portion is a wide dirt road with a steady moderate uphill grade. It is well traveled by horses and dogs - beware their leavings. The views from the top are excellent and the single track portion of the loop is lovely. Next time we'll opt for a longer loop that sticks to single tracks. The trail is well drained, excellent for rainy and foggy weather hiking.

Stunning views! Very steep in some sections.

This was my first hike in Marin Headlands (don't count my two amblings to the Point Bonita lighthouse). I took Bobcat Trail up and (Upper) Ridge Valley down. Bobcat Trail is definitely the more scenic gorgeous view of the G Valley as you ascend to the top. Next time, I will definitely loop left through the valley on my descend. However, if short on time, definitely worth it to descend on Ridge Valley path. Flatter and quick easy descend but you will not get getting the sweeping stellar views of the G. Valley.

I don't see it indicated on the map (?) but I want to make a comment about the Miwok-Bobcat Loop Trail. If you start at the Rodeo Beach area Warehouse, just across the bridge, and hike/run either way up Miwok or Bobcat or vice versa, the distance covered is very close to 6.03 miles. Measured with a wheel a number of times from the gate. That's following the fire road for the entire route. I've been running that trail since 1982.

I only did Rodeo valley trail's first 2.5 miles ascending to 1000 ft. My favorite part is Rodeo valley, as it's very quiet, full of vegetation and wild animals. Ocean views is afar, meaningful but not over the top. It's a must do for anyone without much time on hand but still want a quiet getaway and get in the sun, that is, if you are in San Francisco bay area.