Rock Mountain Trail

Rock Mountain Trail is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near Fallbrook, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until June.

Could have done without the graffiti all of the way up the rocky section...

nice hike with alot of different paths.. I took the steepest route it was alot of fun.

Fun little hike. Just follow the beer cans and graffiti.

Short with a sweet view! loved it.

My favorite quick hike. You can be up and down within an hour if you don't stop for long and chill at the top. Climbing up the rocks at the top is my favorite part. There are some hooks at the top for repelling or climbing too!

Overall an awesome hike. I took my girlfriend and her older brother and it was really fun and very peaceful too. There was a lot of graffiti on the rocks so that was kinda a bummer. Great view and will be back again! :)

Pretty easy trail for beginners. All I ate that day was a banana and I had a half gallon of water. Made it to the rocky top in a fair amount of time. And I don't usually go on trails that much.

great short hike with awesome views! And a good workout because it is all uphill!

Climbed this today, after a visit to the Lavender Hills Pumpkin Patch, with our 5 and 7 yr old boys. They loved the rock climbing at the top, though I was a bit nervous having the at the part that overlooks the climbing walls. Overall, great short hike to do,

good hike, it is a little tougher at the top with all the rocks but it was fun climbing to the top! if you're looking for a good exercise in a decent amount of time then this is a good one!

This was more than just walking up something and declaring victory - some climbing over big rocks to get to the top, which was fun to putz around on. A little out of the way with very few people - good way to kill an hour plus drive time.

I did this at 5 in the morning for a little sun rise hike. I had a lot of fun running up this one! Once the dirt trail ends there's a little bit of rock climbing at the top. I brought my boxer and had to pick him up on a few of the bigger rocks he couldn't get over.

Pretty good hike but way too short! Got up the mountain in 15-20 minutes, at a mosey pace. Nice views of groves in Fallbrook.

My Best friend lived right across from Rock Mountain and we were always trekking up there as kids. I need to find the time to get up there again!

Not bad. Gets a little tougher at the top. You can also take a detour down to the creek. A worthwhile hike to spend an hour on.

A good simple trail.

It was really fun. It started out pretty easy but about half way up it got harder. It got steeper and had more rocks than the first part of the trail. There are a few different trails to the side so don't get lost when your coming down. That happened to me and my friend and we had to end up trail blazing to another trail we saw. The top was awesome. Very scenic and the top is entirely made up of rock. For a summary it was a good quick climb that is not meant for beginners and very rewarding at the top.

Trail was tough, but fun. Not necessarily for beginners. The parking lot is a glorified turn out with a small sign, but it works out as it didn't seem to be very busy. Starts with a semi-steep path wrapping around above the road. After about 30 min it gets steeper and the dirt path turns into climbing over rocks that quickly ascend to the rocky peaks. I found this trail to be quite rewarding once I reached the top, as there where many beautiful views of the valleys bellow!

Looking for a challenge? We went to the top for a breath taking view and had a lot of fun in the process. Not for the beginner. Watch out for snakes!