Rock House

Rock House is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chula Vista, California that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Once on top, to the east you can see the eastern mountains, rolling hills, and the Salt Creek Golf Course; to the west and south you can see all of Bonita, Sweetwater Reservoir, and Chula Vista all the way to the bay and the sea. Enjoy views all the way to Mexico, Coronado, and Downtown San Diego. No shade, rapid elevation change, very steep in some areas. Loose rocks! Be careful on your way down.

Hiked this with my dog. Wasn't too hard or too easy. Just right for the both of us. Plus the view at the top was beautiful.

Okay hike.....nice view at the top.

Don't know if we took the short cut or the long cut but it was really steep. Mostly incline going up. Have to watch your step going down. Great leg and butt workout.

Really steep at the beginning. There are some switchbacks but they are small and of little help. Because of that I would rate the trail difficult. I thought it had the best views of any of the other local trails.

We tried this as a family hike. While there wasn't a ton of signage but it wasn't too hard to figure out. I carried my 2 year old with my ergo and my 7 year old did the hike on her own. Tons of fun!

My first time hiking Rock House. Without all trail app I would have been totally lost taking wrong trails. Great, fairly quick hike in my own backyard!!!

Been hiking this since 2004, a lot has changed as I used to hardly run into a single soul and now it is common to see a few people but by no means crowded unless it is a Saturday or Sunday morning. Went up once on a full moon with some friends. I highly recommend going at night for the amazing view!

A great local hike with amazing views! Not too hard, not too easy, just enough to keep it fun!