Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail

Mission Trails - Climbers Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Climbers Loop Trail is part of Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego. The trail is used for hiking and access to the rock climbing walls.

This is fun just to go explore. Not very long but it is a lot of fun once you're towards the top looking down.

Fun little trail. Made it up with my 5 year old daughter lol

great workout. awesome views.

This was a pretty easy-peezy trail, mainly because it's very short. It's still quite a tiring hike, but a great quick workout to start. I wouldn't say this trail was terribly difficult. Definitely seems like a great place to get a good hike up and do some rock climbing.

Short fun trail! Cool rocks

I like this Trail, has a little bit of everything for the whole family

I say backpacking rather than hiking because I usually do this trail with a pack of climbing gear. It's steep but groomed. It's relentless but brief. It's good for a quick pump as a hike or run if you have the strength for it.

I completed mission hills 5 peak challenge in a week and was feeling pretty proud of myself at 60 years old. I was walking the path from the visitor center to the dam when I passed by climbers loop. There was a bunch of rock climber repelling up at the top and what looked like Boy Scout troops going up the trail. I thought what the heck let's check it out and I started up the trail. This trail is different than all the rest as it's very steep and narrow in places. It's not all dirt, there are a lot of boulders you have to climb over. I was probably 100 feet from the top when I began to second guess as myself as to why I was trying something so dangerous and turned around and went back down. If you like a little excitement in your hike this one is for you

narrow paths

To short but it was nice

Tough but quick.

Short and sweet. Was hoping for something a little more challenging for "hard", but it was still fun. It is pretty quiet which is always appreciated.