Robie Point Firebreak Trail

Robie Point Firebreak Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Auburn, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was my second trail hike and I enjoyed it. Being new to hiking and I am 52 the up hill was slow going for me but the view was amazing.

It was moderate. Easy on the way down, there was lots of spots to stop & swim, not too fast of a current. Pet & family friendly. Super fun hike, but pretty hard to get back up.

The trail to the confluence was beautiful with waterfalls and lookout points. Mostly shaded at 10am it was easy and pleasant to make the DOWNHILL decent to the water where we spent about an hour playing in the water. The hike back around mile 1.8 got difficult going back UP!!

Luckily, this part of the trail is shaded so there was plenty opportunity to rest (catch breathe) before moving on.

If you're looking for something without all the climbing, park at the confluence and head towards Robie Point and then back.

Decent trail, coming back up was probably the hardest part with all the hills. Not too much shade, and bring lots of water. Your gonna need it.

I think it was a hard hike more so coming back up with all the hills but it was a awesome workout!! Love the water part so Beautiful & Peaceful! We did not find the waterfall

Decent hike
Access to lot of other trails
Nice wild flowers on the way

Great hike!! Brought an 8 year old and it was super easy for her. Wide dirt trails the width of a road.

Nice maintained trail. Some great views.

Such a great hike! Had an 8 year old and 4 year old and they were able to do the whole thing. It's a perfect mix of flat trails and hills for kids or beginning hikers. The views were beautiful as well.

Beautiful trail at this time of year.

Great trail for small kids.

Great trail.
Went two miles in and two miles out.

Look for us on Facebook- Hike it Baby Sacramento

This was a great hike, although I would rate it as Moderate, not Easy. I recorded it on dual apps at 5.75 miles each way (11.5 miles from Murphy's gate to the Cool fire station and back. Although I'm not typically a fan of out and back hikes, the sun sat low in the sky, so it seemed like two completely different hikes coming and going. The winter weather was perfect and there was plenty of water flow in the river and waterfalls due to the recent rains.

You can expect to see plenty of hikers with dogs, along with many trail runners. The trail today was extremely muddy after passing "No Hands" Bridge - I'd highly recommend having hiking shoes/boots instead of running shoes or sneakers after the bridge. I should note that once you break off the main trail heading down to the RR bridge there were a few very steep/muddy sections where it was obvious a few people had slipped. Take it slow and you should be ok. Overall, it was a great hike with a lot of options for those who may want more of a workout with very steep hills (Pig Farm Trail, training hill, etc.). I did this hike on Jan 10, and still needed plenty of water. Enjoy!

Beautiful! Definitely one of the best hikes we have done! We did .6 from parking to fork in the path and decided to walk down the RR bridge trail 2.2 miles. Beautiful waterfall and wood bridge to cross . We walked across the RR bridge and took one of the really narrow paths down towards the water, we ended up making our own little path down to the rocks for the dogs to get into the water. Probably around .7 from the RR bridge. And then we hiked back the same way we came in. I would rate this trail as moderate, the hike back from RR bridge is uphill a nice work out! Careful on the narrow paths across the RR bridge some are very narrow and slippery, I fell ;) (more than once)

Easy with a great view.

Awesome little trail. We had 10dogs with us and it was a breeze. Loved the views and wild life!

Lots of downhill at first, nice views of the river below.