River Bend-Majestic Oaks Loop Trail

River Bend-Majestic Oaks Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ripon, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

NOTE: There is a $12 parking fee. Some native plants you may come across are wild roses, California buckeyes, valley oaks, willows, poison oaks, elderberries, and many more. Non-native plants such as edible figs and tree-of-heaven can be found here are well. Don't be surprised if you happen to see gray fox, brush rabbits or woodrat, they live here as well. You can also be on the look out for owls, though they're not as easy to spot.

Nice shaded trail. Easy walk. The cost to get in now is $12.00.

$10 parking and no dogs allowed on the trail?!?! That's upsetting, but driving in it looks gorgeous, that's all I can say.

Thanks to the drought anywhere you go around here is dry and less beautiful than It's full potential right now. But if you're anything like me, sometimes it's less about the hike, or the view at the end. Sometimes you just need to get out, away from people, and the hustle and bustle of life. This park is only 15 minutes from my house, and is perfect for those days that I just need a break. I don't know that there is such a thing as a "beautiful view" in ripon, so for what is it, I like it! Very easy!

Was just there today and it was beautiful. The trails were well marked also. Might not be as enjoyable in the summer when it's not so green.

Thought it was beautiful

Pretty boring trail. Everything is overgrown to accommodate rabbits indigenous to the area so the scenery isn't very good and the river is barely visible from the trail

Easy park to find and lots of trails to explore, very easy hiking. Wear bug spray, the water is stagnant and there are mosquitoes. Parking is too expensive...$12.00!

Easy, short walking trail. Not very exciting...

Not a great trail at all and full of ticks.

I have to agree with the other reviews. This shouldn't be listed as a hike, nor a bike trail. It's too small, and no markings at all. Only good thing is we had our little dog who doesn't walk too much, she gets too tired, so we called it quits after 30 minutes of trying to find the trail head. Save your time and go somewhere else. This is not a hike.

The park was super easy to get to, its literally like 2 turns off of hwy 99. Other than that it didn't have a whole lot more going for it. The trails weren't groomed very well at all. But I don't say that because I want the trails to be perfectly clean, it looked like they had gone through and done a lot of clearing and piled the debris in the trail ways. It was cool to take the kids there because there was no difficulty to the trails at all. Not a whole lot to look at either. Probably won't be going back there.

I visited Caswell Park for the first time in January 2012. If you've never been, it can be a trick finding the trailhead as there is no form of signage visible from the road. From the park entrance, go straight (south) past the campground turnoff on your left. In the winter (or at least today) the trailhead parking lot is blocked to public access. Instead, park in the last lot on your left, and look for a quasi-trail to continue south to the trailhead.

In the summer, I would imagine the road is open to the public, in which case the best parking lot is the last one on your left.

Whatever you do, don't park in the campground area in the winter, as the resident ranger will look for any excuse to cite you, reasonable explanations be damned!

In the summer it may be a different story, but I generally wasn't impressed with this park. The $8 day use fee along with the complete lack of signage or helpful staff makes this a park I won't be returning to. When I finally found the trails, they were clearly marked, but were more akin to a country walk than a real hike.

The only redeeming quality, to me, is the proximity for Modesto hikers. The best part of my visit today is knowing that it will be worth it to drive farther next time I want a day hike and not to bother stopping at this one.

For those who want to visit, I'm providing a link below of the park map that would have saved me 90 minutes and a beefy parking fine if I'd had it before I visited.

Happy trails!

The trail is located at Caswell State Park and was a quick and over grown ride.all in all not impressive