Rim of the World Scenic Byway: San Bernardino to Redlands

Rim of the World Scenic Byway: San Bernardino to Redlands is a 87.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Big Bear Lake, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

87.8 miles 16348 feet Point to Point

scenic driving

We used to go up to Big Bear when I was a teenager living in San Pedro. I never tired of this incredible drive. Although they have made some improvements to the road, the spectacular views are still there.

scenic driving

Great windy roads. If you have a motorcycle take it out on this loop. Try to get out early on a weekday to avoid having to pass a lot of people. Also, watch for police on touristy days they will be around every bend. Oh yes, and the views are awesome.

scenic driving

Rim of the World High School is one of my favorite places in to see the most breath taking views on this road. The sunset is my favorite time to me there!

Take the drive, stop at numerous turnouts and definitely do not miss these views! Plan to stop by the high school at sunset!

scenic driving

This is a very beautiful drive on california state route 38 from San Bernardino to Redlands. A must do