Ridge World - Keddie Ridge

Ridge World - Keddie Ridge is a 5.2 mile out and back trail located near Greenville, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until September.

The first lake you encounter is Homer Lake. It plays a role in local Maidu mythology, so the Forest Service blocked the access road according to tribal leaders request. From the road end at Homer the trail continues to Hidden and Deerheart Lakes. National Forest land. Open to camping and backpacking.

The road was blocked off so we could not get to the actual starting point of the hike. We ended up walking the 2 miles in to the starting point but the peak was still a long ways off. However, there was a small lake nearby that had a trail leading to it and was a nice spot for lunch.

My Husband and I hiked the Ridge on Superbowl Sunday. For such a mild winter there was quite a bit of snow on the trail. It took us about 3 hours to reach the peak. Beautiful views of the valleys and surrounding mountains. We hit the peak at 3 p.m and found the weather to be warm with just a little wind. We were able to see Lake Almanor and Mountain Meadows Reservoir in Westwood clearly along with the town of Greenville. The downside of the hike was finding empty beer/soda cans and spent gunshot casings left from previous visitors. We are firm believers of "leave no trace" . I consider myself a novice hiker and found the climb to the peak easy to achieve. The road/trail was all uphill but not to daunting. We didn't need to use our walking sticks.