Rhododendron Trail

Rhododendron Trail is a 11.8 mile out and back trail located near Orick, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

This is another great trail in the Prairie Creek park, which is truly a national gem. But I didn't see any Rhododendrons. Lots of Trillium though! Did not do whole trail, but got a 5 mile round trip in.

This trail is by far one of my favorites. I have not done the complete trail. Usually go as far as the first log bridge over a small water fall, about 1 mile. After starting at the road, Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway, you quickly come upon some of the most beautiful trees on the planet. I especially love the many trillims that are in bloom in early part of May. The air seems to have more oxygen than other places which I attribute to there being sooo.. many ferns. Some of them are taller than I am! It is not the easiest trail as it goes uphill most of the way to the bridge but it is not that difficult and definitly worth a little effort.