Reservoir Trail

Reservoir Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Novato, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Walk along the beautiful Stafford Lake. This out and back walk is perfect for joggers or for kids. From the parking area walk along the north shore of Stafford Lake. Return via the way you came.

Be careful- our trail run ended with an angry man chasing us to let us know we were trespassing on private property! We followed the trail as laid out in the app. GORGEOUS path, and had no visible signs denoting private property or trespassing laws. Just a warning to other hikers/trail runners!

Can't believe I've never been here or heard of it before now! The park and lake are beautiful with a ton of wildlife. I came in July and saw tons of different birds, baby deer, rabbits and more. The Terwilliger loop is a little steep but quick and easy, I also recommend walking the disc golf trail and around to the picnic side of the park where the bridge is. Great for kids! Some easy walking trails with jogging strollers. Also plenty of bbqs and picnic tables and bathrooms. $5 park parking.

I couldn't even get out because they do not allow dogs.

It was wonderful. I went with my four year old brother and eight year old sister. It was intense, but short enough that they were okay. Make sure you bring lots of water if you're hiking up and not just around the lake!

Thurs Jan 15- 60 minutes on a very easy trail circling stafford lake -- pleasant but not repeatable--

This was disappointing because it is really a disc golf course with a small, badly marked trail off to the side. So why 3 stars? The views really are wonderful. My six year old hiked up a somewhat steep hill and lasted for 2 miles! We saw 12 California newts - yeah totally cool. So - hopefully you get why it's a 2 and a 3. Enjoy.