Redwoods Reborn - Fall Creek

Redwoods Reborn - Fall Creek is a 7.8 mile loop trail located near Santa Cruz, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

7.8 miles 1962 feet Loop

Explore the Fall Creek Unit on the Fall Creek Trail. Hike past such monuments as th Big Ben Tree and the Barrel Mill Area. The Fell Creek offers beautiful redwood forests and a chance to get away from come of the crowds. Signs can be poorly marked. Take the Big Ben Trail to the Fell Creek Trail and return via the Lost Empire Trail.

Impromptu plan. Nice hike - challenging with a lot of cover

Enjoyable hike. It was a last minute decision to do this one and were not expecting much, but it proved to be very pretty. We did a counter clockwise loop. We were weary of the climb out as we descended into the valley - but it turned out to not be an issue. Gentle, consistent grade. Signage is not great,not helped by my no reading the directions here, but we found many regulars to ask for help.

It was awesome ! Found a giant lady bug nest and enjoyed the view !

I started out hiking Kiln Fire Rd which led into South Fork Trail and eventually into Fall Creek Trail. The GPS on here is very inaccurate. The entrance to the parking lot is actually a few miles back from the google maps destination on Felton Empire Rd. It was an absolutely gorgeous hike, probably one of the prettiest I've been on. Super easy to do, not a lot of steep areas. Do watch out for poison oak but other than that it's a very easy trail to hike and I highly recommend for people who enjoy the foliage.

ok. this trail is definitely moderste, I wouldn't say strenuous, but be aware that the signage is TERRIBLE! bring a good map. one that lists all the trails on it. we got lost and turned our hike into 2 extra miles. beautiful trail. no scenic overlooks though, so understand you'll be looking attrees and a creek only. good all around cardiovascular hike.

This is a really nice hike for a sunny day, the trees along the stream make if feel cathedral in quality... One big benefit here is the loop e.g not a back and forward, lots to see..