Skyline Gate Staging Area

Skyline Gate Staging Area is a 4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There are plenty of beautiful trees for cool shade. There are steep obstacles along the way to keep you focused. The trail is well maintained and varies in width from time to time. It can be vast to narrow enough for only one person. Be cautious of the roots and large rocks that are on the trail.

Good trail in a great area with so many options close by to explore. I've done it many times. Even better when i take my dog.

Nice scenic heavy trafficked loop. I headed out on the East Ridge Trail to Philips Loop Trail to Eucalyptus Trail to Stream Trail back to staging area. Great small grove of Redwoods across the trail from the girls'camp.

Very casual and fun with plenty of shade. My dog had a great time too.

Very casual and fun. Plenty of shaded

Mellow loop with a couple of small climbs

Another neat trail for when it's hot out

Great trail

Good! Nice views, very clear trails (though we somehow missed the turn off to Chown trail from the West Ridge trail)

Nice easy Sunday walk, enjoyed the pretty trees,

Good trail if you have never done trail running. Plenty of shade and not too steep.

Wish the signs for trails were better buy this place is awesome!!

I have been on all of those trails; From when I lived up there in Crescent City and I miss it big time! The peace and quiet is what I really want. Along with the hiking and camping. And when I was in the Boy Scouts

Great park with a wide variety of trails. The only complaint is the lack of signs on the trails.