Red Rocks to Gibraltar Dam Trail

Red Rocks to Gibraltar Dam Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Cuyama, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I did the loop starting with the red rocks pools and up, opting for the fire road side last. Pretty fun and mellow. They recently bulldozed through the trail and left a ton of branches and brush right in the middle of it that's kind of a pain in the ass to step though.

Very rocky! I enjoyed this, however not
well suited for horses. We weren't able to hike this in its entirety as it started to downpour. Sad not to finish however happy for the much needed rain. This hike is on my list to try again. The part we hiked was easy.

I took my horses on this trail at the end of December (not the service road). This trail is really really rocky and may not be the best idea for horses without shoes, although I didn't notice any soreness the days following. We made through the very last "river crossing" and lost the trail right before it meets with the service road. We got off to a late start so we headed back to the trailer and plan on attempting this trail again in the future. Maybe we'll take the service road next time. Very very little water and its very nasty.

Hotter than blazes today (95 F) but beautiful and quiet. Saw lots of deer (one hanging in a swimming hole,) lots of animal scat, lots of lizards, went swimming, did not see a lot of people. Trail is a little overgrown in places - and watch out for misleading cairns. You might find some cool spots off the beaten track.

It was pretty cool. something to do that day

trespass at your own risk but there is CLIFF JUMPING

Me and my friends started from the bottom to red rock and all together we hiked 10miles. It was alright

Right now the road to red rocks is closed 4 miles before.. Water level too high ! Hiked sage hill Aliso loop ..3 miles and great vistas..