Quigley Canyon Open Space Trail

Quigley Canyon Open Space Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newhall, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I thought it was just nice. The markers to tell you which trail you were taking were not very clear. So for a newbie like myself I found myself guessing and hoping I was on the right trail.

I though it was a good hike for a beginner if you take the coyote trail as a challenge. Other than that it's a very easy hike.

There are so many better hikes in the Santa Clarita area. This has around 3 small loops. Only 1 has some elevation to it. There are tons of bees too. I don't recommend this trail to anybody. If you live next to it and have horses it's probably great. But I wouldn't drive more than a mile to get here. Worst open space in the SCV. Try Elsemere or Towsley Canyon nearby for a significantly better hike.