Quicksilver Trail

Quicksilver Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail follows the Senador Mine trail and connects with the Guadalupe Trail for great views of the Guadalupe Reservoir

Great hike!

Great! Peaceful and great mix of shade and sun.

Great trail to do on a summer morning before the heat sets in. Nice uphill to challenge at the beginning and then good views along the ridge before descending back into the valley

Nice trail for beginners. Periodic tree shades makes it easier to get going even in sun. Lake view is rejuvenating. Parking is easy and available on streets on Sunday noon I visited.

This was a nice hike and jog for me. Due to the inclines, I did much hiking when I originally hoped to jog this trail. But given that this was my first time, I quickly saw I'd by walking up the steeper portions.

The trail itself is nicely wide and very scenic. The water just suddenly appears and is quite a beautiful scene. About three miles into this trail is a nice bench (I uploaded a photo) that is located right over the body of water and has a nice view.

I'd definitely do it again!

Ralph

Nice hike in cooler months

Great for a solo day hike! Views of civilization and also nature views make this a great hike.

Tons of fun!! Lots of sun, little shade. Coworkers and I did this trail a couple of times now. We love it!

There are some nice views. Very wide trail (roads, really) used to be better for strollers but the rains and I'm guessing ranger vehicles have left the trails very rutted as of April 2016. But a good place if you're worried about ticks; these are really wide trails. Mostly exposed.

A little more difficult than I thought. I would say moderate not easy. Some nice views. Be careful when muddy or wet.

Nice rolling hike with some nice views of the valley. No dedicated parking so getting there early is probably a good idea.

My husband and I, along with a meetup group, did the Guadalupe Trail and New Almaden Trail loop (with small bits of the Senador Mine Trail, the Mine Hill Rd and the Cinnabar Trail). It was an uphill climb all the way or so it seemed to me; I found it more strenuous than the PG&E trail. The way back via the New Almaden Trail was mostly a single lane, shaded trail.

The PG&E trail is scenic all along the way, with views of the valley on one side always accompanying you. The Guadalupe Trail and New Almaden Trail are boring and dull in comparison. The only scenic spot along the way is offered by the Guadalupe Reservoir and Dam.

We spotted three deers close to the New Almaden Trail.

There is no dedicated parking at the entrance at McAbee Rd and Whispering Pines Dr. You have to park along the street. It can get really busy and very difficult to find a spot.