Quarry & Park Ridge Loop Trail

Quarry & Park Ridge Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morro Bay, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I ended up taking my 2 year old son with me on this hike, so I was limited on where I could go, but still made it to the Quarry. The inclines aren't too terribly difficult, so long as you aren't trying to climb the nearby mountainside. The views of the Estuary were pretty and the fog ended up creeping when I made my way back. Definitely going solo next time and bringing my downhill mountain bike.

Great hike. Interesting rock formations along the way. Use mosquito spray on your head, neck, uncovered legs and ankles. All is well with the sun up high above. Once the sun begins to set the mosquito's come out like nobody's business. I hadn't been attacked like that since I was a kid. Must be due to the bay and creeks in the immediate area. Enjoy.

An enjoyable trail. Pretty views, trails are in nice condition. The trails are well marked, but there are trail changes to complete the loop so you do need a map or directions.