Quail Hollow Sunset Trail

Quail Hollow Sunset Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ben Lomond, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

Hike the Quail Hollow Sunset Trail and experience views of Zayante Valley, local quarries, dwarf redwoods, Quail Hollow Ranch. Dwarf redwood trees, manzanita, redwood, chaparral,lizards, wildflowers, valley views and occasional ocean views all in an hour and 45 minutes. Small amounts of poison oak off-trail. Temps can reach 100 degrees F in summer. Visit the park office and pick up a free trail map.

This place DOES NOT allow dogs on any trails, despite the description on the AllTrails website. We weren't able to explore the trails because we had our dog with us, but it seems like a great place for nature lovers. The lady in the park office was kind enough to direct us to Henry Cowell State Park nearby, which has some nice trails for dogs.

Easy and fun

I like this trail a lot! It's close to my house, which makes it convenient. The only thing I really don't like about it, is the sand. It's kind of obnoxious and sometimes there is sand covering horse poop and you'll accidentally step in it. I guess it could be worse. It's a beautiful hike, though!

It's a great little hike. I wouldn't do it on a really hot day. There's a nice balance of shade and sun, good views of the valley. I took the Wood Rat Trail instead of the Sunset all the way. It's a good way to avoid Horse Pies, since it's strictly a footpath. Hardly anybody there-seems like a well-kept secret.

A beautiful and quiet hike. My wife and I are avid hikers from the North East and have relocated to Santa Cruz. We are delighted this hike is a short drive and will be a perfect trek to bring friends and visitors. The local Eagle Scout troop has built a few benches which are great, and there are even some picnic tables near the top. I believe kids would be able to complete and enjoy this hike, most of the trail is soft under foot as it is sandy. The trail is shared by horse riders, so watch where you step. Recommended!'