Pyramid Peak Trail

Pyramid Peak Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Center, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

8.0 miles 2037 feet Out & Back

Desert Divide, PCT, Southern end of San Jacintos, Oaken forest, incredible views The Cedar Springs Trail is a beautiful trail that is gently graded up to the PCT. The views along this section of the PCT are amazing. The trail switchbacks up to the PCT. It is a bit rocky, so wear good boots. A cairn(rock pile) marks the side trail to Pine Mountain, but I was unable to summit. I made it within .12 of a mile from the top, but I became entangled in the thorny manzanita which grows about 10 feet tall on the side of the mountain. The trail was very hard to find in spots, and I had on new boots that created a large blister on my heel. I kept getting lost, and having to retrace my way along steep slopes. I tried to skirt around the edge of the chaparral, but to no avail. The blister cut my trip short by one peak and a visit to Cedar Springs. The summit is a great destination by itself, and the hike to Pyramid and Lion can be combined with this into an all day peakbagging adventure. Be advised that the combination is strenous.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!