Punta Mesa Loop Trail

Punta Mesa Loop Trail is a 7.2 mile loop trail located near Murrieta, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

amazing trail..this is a must

Very pretty trail. I highly recommend it. I went in the summer time (early morning) and it was pretty, but I think it would be spectacular in the spring. I'll be back.

Absolutely gorgeous! Tons of green grass and California poppies. March hike. I would do this everyday!

Beautiful old California trail - we walked on an overcast, lightly raining day and the coyotes and birds were out and about! The park itself is part of the Santa Rosa Ecological reserve and there are dozens of trails ranging from a half mile to 8+ miles if you link them all together. Excellent easy to moderate, family friendly hike.

I hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau every week and this is my absolute favorite trail on the plateau! It has gorgeous views, especially in the spring time. This trail takes you out the farthest into "the middle of nowhere" that you can get with the hiking trails on the plateau and I highly recommend it for those who want to really get into the wilderness. Each time I have hiked the trail I haven't seen another soul. If you are hiking it in the summer, beware, because it is a long trail and parts of it are hot with only a little shade. I highly recommend this trail!

This is a great hike. Since the new year I've done this twice with my girlfriend. Views are outstanding. Views of snow capped mountains in the winter along with views of the Pacific at certain points in the trail are hard to beat. Following the Punta Mesa trail leads eventually to Adobe loop trail where one can find tenajas. Eat lunch at the Adobe house and return via Lomas trail to Monument hill trail then to Vista Grande trail back to the visitor center. $3 a person for day use, some pay some do not. Enjoy

This was a easy/moderate hike. Outstanding views you never thought where around the Southern california area. The hike is probably far too hot and dry for most people during the warmerhalf of the year, but is still very pleasant just make sure you bring lots of water with yeah. Easy to find parking, and very nice park rangers. The cost is only $2 to enter Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve. I saw maybe 5 people at most during a saturday (wow)