Pumpkin Rock Trail

Pumpkin Rock Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Norco, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

1 hour ago

This was fun hike. We had our 1 year old and dog. The trail is not stroller friendly but our daughter walked some of the way and we took turns carrying her the parts that were too hard for her. Like ya of hills. Definitely a hike to do on a cooler day or first thing in the morning. The pumpkin rock was fun to see but there is a lot of graffiti on the other big rocks. And someone thought it would be funny to paint a penis near the mouth of the pumpkin. But you can easily stand in front of it to cover it up in pictures.

Not jogging stroller friendly. Took a jogging stroller but turned around to put it back in my car. Would do it again. Great views pretty easy to get up with a 3 year old. It would have been a 5 star if it wasn't for all the tagging....

Fun little trail with good views from the top and the pumpkin is definitely a unique feature. My kids loved seeing the pumpkin. The area around the pumpkin rock is incredibly littered with large and small shards of broken glass however. Disappointing! I've got pretty young kids who kept slipping on the smooth sand topped rocks around the pumpkin and falling on the glass. Aside from that it was fun. Bring water and expect no shade at all on the trail.

It's not really that much of a trail, it has a good view of Norco though. Just a fun place to go if you're looking for a really short but rewarding hike.

I put this little hike adventure to get my family and friends to spend Sunday together. It was a success. From the ages of 11years old to 47years we had a blast. Highly recommended it. Easy enough to hike as well as a few hills to get a great workout.

the trail is steep in places but overall it's an easy hike

I went on a night hike and it was beautiful being able to see the city lights and stars. I had hiked pass the pumpkin and on the way back it was a little slippery with the sand and how steep it was. But overall the hike was good and my man's dog enjoyed it as well. Obviously bring a flashlight and a walking stick of some kind to help with walking down the sandy trail, when hiking at night.

I rated this trail 4 stars because it is difficult to follow and find the loop. There are no signs to guide you through the loop. I did my best and thought I did the loop but ended up hiking less than 2 miles. I would rate this hike medium because over half of the hike is up hill.

This is an easy hike, especially on a cool day. There is no shade, but great city views. The Pumpkin Rock is definitely a unique feature. Continue hiking past the Pumpkin Rock along the ridge and follow the trail to street level to complete the loop. I parked at Pikes Peak Park at the north end of the loop.

Love this hike! Good workout and wasn't crowded at all when I went. Pretty views & the pumpkin at the top encourages you to keep going.

nice hike.

Perfect to take my daughter who is 7 years old and our lab to stretch our legs

This area is my gym! Pumpkin rock is a very easy hike; good for kids and beginners. The great thing about this place is that there are a lot of options, you can make it an easy hike or, like me, be out a few hours climbing hills. Because I live so close this is my "walk the dog" hike during the week. Beautiful views of the cities below, lots of rabbits, squirrels, lizards, coyotes and watch out for rattlesnakes!