Powder Canyon Black Walnut Loop Trail

Powder Canyon Black Walnut Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near La Habra, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is wonderful course with panoramic view.

Fun yet very dry

This is a nice hike. Awesome incline right off the bat. Did this hike with kids. We saw a tarantula crossing the trail. My kids were amazed!

I wouldn't call this moderate...maybe because the incline can be a bit steep but it's short.

It's okay. Nice super close to home hike but nothing too long or challenging. Pretty views here and there. I'd say it's more than "lightly trafficked" and I've been both on weekends and on weekdays.

Maybe because this was one of my "training" hikes before I actually got into regular hiking and wasn't sure what I was even really doing.

I'll give it a try again, but not inclined to do so anytime soon.

Bonus: did see a baby coyote my last time there and wow, so cute! but if baby is near by that means mama is near by so be careful!

I love Powder Canyon, super close to the house and it's a great 40 or so minute hike for some good exercise. I usually see a coyote every time I'm here (once a week) and I hear rattlers in the brush from time to time. Definitely be aware of wild life. Just enough incline that my heart pumps, but not crazy enough to that I hate it. And free parking! It's the best!